You are reading the article Iphones To Get Mms By Late Sept. updated in February 2024 on the website Achiashop.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested March 2024 Iphones To Get Mms By Late Sept.
Long sought-after Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) support is coming to the Apple iPhone 3G and 3GS by the end of the month, courtesy of a software update.
That’s likely to be good news for critics, who have lambasted — and sued — AT&T over its lack of support for MMS — even though the feature is supported in the iPhone’s hardware.
AT&T, the exclusive carrier for the iPhone, began facing criticism from some iPhone owners over its failure to support MMS beginning in mid-June, when the 3GS and its iPhone OS 3.0 launched. During the run-up to the 3GS launch, Apple had touted MMS — a common feature available on other phones — as a key enhancement to the iPhone, enabling users to more easily send photos and video and audio files from their devices.
Partially as a result, the carrier and Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) are today facing several class-action lawsuits that charge the companies misrepresented the iPhone’s capability to support MMS.
AT&T, for its part, had said the feature would be available by the “end of summer.”
That makes AT&T’s upcoming release a few days behind that deadline, although the carrier said it has been busily improving its network infrastructure to ensure a quality user experience.
“We’ve been working for the past several months to prepare our systems and network to ensure the best possible experience with MMS when it launches — and that launch date is: September 25 for iPhone 3G and 3GS customers,” the company said in a statement. “MMS will be enabled through a software update on that day.”
“We know that iPhone users will embrace MMS. The unique capabilities and high usage of the iPhone’s multimedia capabilities required us to work on our network MMS architecture to carry the expected record volumes of MMS traffic and ensure an excellent experience from Day One,” the company said. “We appreciate your patience as we work toward that end.”
AT&T also said that it’s trying hard to cope with what it described as an explosive growth in the amount of mobile data it has to carry across its network.
“Wireless use on our network has grown an average of 350 percent year-over-year for the past two years, and is projected to continue at a rapid pace in 2009 and beyond. The volume of smartphone data traffic the AT&T network is handling is unmatched in the wireless industry,” the company said in its statement. “We want you to know that we’re working relentlessly to innovate and invest in our network to anticipate this growth in usage and to stay ahead of the anticipated growth in data demand, new devices and applications for years to come.”
It’s unclear whether the MMS update will assuage critics over the carrier’s inability to support another iPhone feature, tethering — which enables PC users to connect their systems to the Internet using the iPhone’s connection.
AT&T has previously said that it plans to enable tethering at some point in the future, though the feature will not be part of its Sept. 25 update.
Controversy also erupted earlier this year over AT&T’s prices for exchanging older iPhones for the newer 3GS. The outcry prompted the company to relent to consumer demand and offer an alternative for current iPhone users who qualified.
Additionally, customers trying to activate their new phones after launch experienced long delays, resulting in Apple issuing an apology and credits to the iTunes music store.
Meanwhile, AT&T has also been the target of criticism for what iPhone owners say is spotty coverage, and has tried to placate them with capital expenditures aimed at increasing data speeds and improving dropped-call rates in metropolitan areas.
The two companies are also the subject of federal government inquiries into the role of exclusive carrier partnerships and how those impact industry competition and services provided to consumers.
Article courtesy of chúng tôi
You're reading Iphones To Get Mms By Late Sept.
As a recruiter in the internet marketing industry I am tasked with reviewing hundreds of resumes every week. The reality is I have to quickly evaluate these resumes to determine which candidates are the most qualified for the positions I am recruiting for, as well as identify which candidates will be best suited for future client needs.
This post is not intended to tell you what to put on your resume, but rather outline what I look for in the first 60 seconds of reviewing any resume. To me, writing a good resume and implementing SEO are very similar conceptually, so if you’re a good SEO professional, you should have a great resume.Eye-catching Keywords and Job Titles (10 seconds)
After the initial glance of reviewing keywords I review job titles. I want to know what you are doing currently and just by the title I can get a reasonable understanding of your work history.Content is King… (40 seconds)
After the job title comes the most important piece — content. As many SEO professionals attest, good content is the key to high rankings. Well, that also applies to a resume. If after glancing at the keywords and title, I like what I see, I will dig down deeper and continue reading. I am specifically looking for hands-on experience that shows an increase in production of some sort. For example:
Managed a budget of $5million dollar PPC spend and increased revenue 150% YOY
Achieved top organic rankings for “x”, “y”, and “z” keywords. All in a competitive space.
Improved conversions for paid search marketing by 52%
Bullet points that describe an increase in production that you were accountable for are the key to getting me interested! If you have good content within your bullet points I will typically read further.
At this point I am looking for the “How”. It is great that you increased production and conversions, but how did you do it? Within the content it is important to elaborate on the day-to-day initiatives that you are responsible for. While reviewing a resume, I question everything to understand the true capabilities of the candidate.“CompanyRank” and “EducationRank” (10 seconds)
Another aspect that I look at is the companies that you have worked for and their position within their respective industries. An established and / or well-known company on your resume is similar to having credible sites with high PageRank linking into you. If you have worked for any company that is in the Fortune 100 to 500, this is great career experience which you can instantly leverage for future opportunities.
Additionally, if we are working with one of Internet Retailer’s Top 100 and they are looking for a Search Engine Marketing Manager, I want to see relevant transactional e-commerce experience on your resume. If you demonstrate that you have the ability to make my client money right away, you are definitely going to make it to the top of my call list.
Tenure and education are last on my list. I would compare them to meta data. The national reputation of your university or length of tenure has some impact, but I still give the most weight to the content within your resume which demonstrates you can do the job at hand.
Once again, in our business it takes 60 seconds to properly evaluate a resume to determine if the person is going to be a fit for the position at hand. After the initial review, there is of course an interview process and additional screening, but if you are actively searching for a job and you want to get a call back from a recruiter, make sure that your resume is keyword rich, engaging, full of content and displays how you will benefit a potential client.
Josh Gampel is the Vice President of Staffing Services for Onward Search, chúng tôi the Leading Provider of Search Marketing Jobs.
Carrier Verizon Wireless, a joint venture of U.S. telecommunications firm Verizon Communications and UK multinational mobile network operator Vodafone, today announced financial results for the September quarter. Big Red sold two million iPhone units which represents a 300,000 units decline compared to the June quarter. Verizon was also behind rival AT&T which yesterday reported activating 2.7 million iPhones in the quarter out of a total of 4.8 million total devices.
In a separate statement, rival AT&T said it activated a million units of the new iPhone 4S on its network as of Tuesday, while Verizon made no mention of iPhone 4S in its quarterly filing. iPhone 4S went on sale in the United States, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Canada and Japan on Friday, October 14. The phone will roll out to 22 new countries later this month, with regional online Apple Stores in those countries accepting reservations beginning today.
Verizon’s full press release is right after the break.
Verizon Generates Strong Wireless Results, Increased Cash Flow, and FiOS and Strategic Services Growth in 3Q
3Q 2011 HIGHLIGHTS
· 49 cents in diluted earnings per share (EPS), compared with 23 cents per share in 3Q 2010.
· 56 cents per share in adjusted EPS (non-GAAP), which excludes 7 cents per share in non-operational items, compared with 55 cents in adjusted EPS in 3Q 2010.
· $15.0 billion in service revenues in 3Q 2011, up 6.1 percent year over year; data revenues of $6.1 billion, up 20.5 percent, representing 40.6 percent of service revenues; total revenues of $17.7 billion, up 9.1 percent.
· 2.4 percent growth in retail postpaid ARPU over 3Q 2010; retail postpaid data ARPU up 15.7 percent; retail service ARPU also up 2.4 percent.
· 29.0 percent operating income margin; record-high 47.8 percent Segment EBITDA margin on service revenues (non-GAAP), up 60 basis points year over year.
· 138,000 FiOS Internet and 131,000 FiOS TV net additions, with increased sales penetration for both products; 4.0 million customers now subscribe to FiOS TV.
· 8.8 percent year-over-year increase in consumer ARPU; FiOS consumer retail revenues represent nearly 60 percent of total consumer revenues.
· 15.6 percent increase in strategic services revenues, representing nearly 50 percent of global enterprise revenues.
NEW YORK – With another strong showing by Verizon Wireless, and continued growth in FiOS and strategic business services, Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) today reported third-quarter 2011 financial and operational results that keep the company on track to achieve its full-year earnings and revenue guidance.
Verizon reported 49 cents in EPS in the quarter, compared with 23 cents per share in third-quarter 2010.
Adjusted third-quarter 2011 earnings (non-GAAP) of 56 cents per share exclude 7 cents per share for a non-operational charge relating to a remeasurement, based on an actuarial valuation of pension plans. No adjustments were made for the previously announced $250 million (5 cents per share) negative impact in the quarter due to storm-related repair costs and a two-week strike affecting the Wireline segment. Comparable adjusted third-quarter 2010 earnings were 55 cents per share, excluding the impact of non-operational charges, the largest of which was related to pension and benefits remeasurements.
Well-Positioned for 4Q and 2012
“Verizon emerges from the third quarter in a strong position to accelerate growth,” said Lowell McAdam, Verizon president and chief executive officer. “We faced significant challenges in recent months, yet delivered results that keep us on track to meet our 2011 earnings and revenue guidance, with great momentum expected entering 2012. We continue to grow revenues from strategic products and to increase free cash flow through improved operating performance and disciplined capital spending.”
McAdam added, “Verizon Wireless delivered impressive results across the board in the third quarter, and we are geared up for an even better fourth quarter, with new smartphones, tablets and data devices coming to market. In FiOS, we expect to capitalize on pent-up demand and deliver stronger growth in the fourth quarter. In enterprise, the integration of Terremark and recent acquisition of CloudSwitch have significantly improved our competitive positioning.”
Verizon has targeted 2011 adjusted EPS growth of 5 percent to 8 percent from an adjusted base of $2.08 in EPS in 2010, and 2011 revenue growth of 4 percent to 8 percent on a comparable basis with 2010.
Consolidated Revenue and Cash Flow Growth
In third-quarter 2011, Verizon’s total operating revenues were $27.9 billion on a consolidated basis, an increase of 5.4 percent compared with third-quarter 2010. Total operating expenses were $23.3 billion, an increase of 0.7 percent.
Consolidated EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) for the quarter totaled $8.8 billion, up 19.2 percent year over year.
Cash flow from operating activities totaled $21.5 billion in the first nine months of 2011, and capital expenditures totaled $12.5 billion — on track to meet the company’s full-year guidance of $16.5 billion. From the $9.0 billion in free cash flow (non-GAAP, cash flow from operations less capex) over the first nine months, Verizon has paid $4.1 billion in dividends to shareholders, and in September the Verizon Board of Directors approved a dividend increase for the fifth consecutive year.
Verizon Wireless Delivers Strong Results
In third-quarter 2011, Verizon Wireless again delivered strong growth in revenues, retail customers and other connections, driven by increased smartphone penetration and increased retail postpaid ARPU (average monthly service revenue per user).
Wireless Financial Highlights
· Service revenues in third-quarter 2011 totaled $15.0 billion, up 6.1 percent year over year. Data revenues were $6.1 billion, up more than $1.0 billion or 20.5 percent year over year, and represent 40.6 percent of all service revenues. Total revenues were $17.7 billion, up 9.1 percent year over year.
· Retail postpaid ARPU grew 2.4 percent over third-quarter 2010, to $54.89. Retail postpaid data ARPU increased to $22.22, up 15.7 percent year over year. Retail service ARPU also grew 2.4 percent, to $53.21.
· Wireless operating income margin was 29.0 percent. Verizon Wireless generated $7.2 billion of EBITDA in third-quarter 2011, an increase of 7.5 percent year over year. Segment EBITDA margin on service revenues (non-GAAP) was 47.8 percent, up 60 basis points over third-quarter 2010 and up 240 basis points over second-quarter 2011. This was the highest Segment EBITDA margin on service revenues Verizon Wireless has ever reported.
Wireless Operational Highlights
· Verizon Wireless added 1.3 million total connections in third-quarter 2011, including 882,000 retail postpaid customers, and 367,000 wholesale and other connections. These additions exclude acquisitions and adjustments.
· At the end of the third quarter, the company had 107.7 million total connections, an increase of 6.5 percent year over year, consisting of 90.7 million retail customers and 17.0 million wholesale and other connections.
· At the end of the third quarter, smartphones accounted for 39 percent of the Verizon Wireless retail postpaid customer phone base, up from 36 percent at the end of second-quarter 2011.
· Retail postpaid churn was 0.94 percent in third-quarter 2011, an improvement of 13 basis points year over year. Total retail churn was 1.26 percent, an improvement of 17 basis points year over year.
· Verizon Wireless continued to roll out its 4G LTE mobile broadband network, the largest 4G LTE network in the United States, during the quarter. As of yesterday (Oct. 20), Verizon Wireless 4G LTE service was available in 165 markets covering a population of more than 186 million, across the country. With additional markets planned before year-end, the company’s 4G LTE network build-out is ahead of schedule and has already exceeded the company’s 2011 target of covering a population of 185 million.
· The company introduced five new 4G LTE devices: the DROID BIONIC by Motorola, Pantech Breakout, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet, Compaq Mini CQ10-688nr netbook and HP Pavilion dm 1-3010nr notebook. On Oct. 14, the Apple iPhone 4S became available on the Verizon Wireless 3G network. On Oct. 18, the company announced that the DROID RAZR by Motorola, a 4G LTE device, will be available in November.
· Verizon Wireless opened its LTE Innovation Center in Waltham, Mass., in July and its Application Innovation Center in San Francisco in August.
· The company continued to invest in and enhance its 3G network, the nation’s largest and most reliable 3G network.
FiOS, Strategic Services Transform Wireline Revenue Mix
Wireline Financial Highlights
· Third-quarter 2011 operating revenues were $10.1 billion, a decline of 1.3 percent compared with third-quarter 2010. Consumer revenues grew 1.1 percent compared with third-quarter 2010.
· Consumer ARPU for wireline services was $94.20 in third-quarter 2011, up 8.8 percent compared with third-quarter 2010. ARPU for FiOS customers continues to be more than $146. Revenues for Verizon’s FiOS services to consumer retail customers generated nearly 60 percent of consumer wireline revenues in third-quarter 2011, compared with approximately 50 percent in third-quarter 2010.
· Global enterprise revenues totaled $3.9 billion in the quarter, up 2.1 percent compared with third-quarter 2010. Sales of strategic services — including Terremark cloud services, security and IT solutions, and strategic networking — increased 15.6 percent compared with third-quarter 2010 and now represent nearly 50 percent of global enterprise revenues. Terremark achieved record new sales bookings in third-quarter 2011. International revenue, which makes up approximately 15 percent of global enterprise, grew 9.8 percent year over year.
· Segment EBITDA (non-GAAP) was $2.2 billion in the quarter, including the $250 million impact from the storms and strike. This compares with $2.3 billion in third-quarter 2010. As a result, segment EBITDA margin (non-GAAP) was 21.4 percent in third-quarter 2011, compared with 22.7 percent in third-quarter 2010.
Wireline Operational Highlights
· Verizon added 138,000 net new FiOS Internet connections and 131,000 net new FiOS TV connections in third-quarter 2011. Verizon had a total of 4.6 million FiOS Internet and 4.0 million FiOS TV connections at the end of the quarter. With the clearing of FiOS installation backlogs caused by the storms and strike, Verizon expects to add at least 200,000 FiOS Internet and 200,000 FiOS TV customers in fourth-quarter 2011.
· FiOS penetration (subscribers as a percentage of potential subscribers) continued to increase. FiOS Internet penetration was 35 percent at the end of third-quarter 2011, compared with 31 percent at the end of third-quarter 2010. In the same periods, FiOS TV penetration was 31 percent, compared with 27 percent, respectively.
· Broadband connections totaled 8.6 million at the end of third-quarter 2011, a 2.8 percent year-over-year increase. FiOS Internet connections more than offset a decrease in DSL-based HSI connections, resulting in a net increase of 20,000 broadband connections from second-quarter 2011. Total voice connections, which measures FiOS Digital Voice connections in addition to traditional switched access lines, declined 7.6 percent to 24.5 million — the smallest year-over-year decline since fourth-quarter 2006.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
The end of the year is drawing near, but there are still plenty of great titles around the corner. What upcoming movies and shows of 2023 are you most excited for? Every streamer has a massive slate rolling out throughout the year, but what are the biggest titles to look forward to?
Disney Plus has already released a slew of new titles in its Marvel and Star Wars franchises. It’s still gearing up for one last big, legacy release though: Willow. Over at Netflix, we can look forward to major new adaptations like Wednesday, along with original movies like Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery. And the list goes on.
Our list only skims the surface of what’s coming in the back end of 2023, of course. We’ll be sure to keep you updated about other upcoming shows and movies streaming throughout the year!
See also: The best original streaming series
Upcoming shows and movies of 2023: HighlightsWelcome to Chippendales
Kumail Nanjiani stars as the founder of famous men’s striptease troupe Chippendales in this Hulu original comedy-drama launching in late November. Somen “Steve” Banerjee has a million-dollar idea in the late 1970s and gets to work making it a reality.
Hulu offers not only thousands of movies and TV shows to stream, it also has original shows and films like The Handmaid’s Tale. You can upgrade to Hulu Plus Live TV to get live channels, including your local stations.
See price at HuluWillow
Disney Plus annual subscription
12 months for the price of 10
This streaming service is the home of all Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars movies. It’s also got a bunch of exciting originals like The Mandalorian, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, and more.
See price at DisneyPinocchio
Master storyteller Guillermo del Toro retells the classic tale of a wooden doll brought to life by his maker. Set in Fascist Italy, Pinocchio features the voices of Ewan McGregor, Cate Blanchett, Finn Wolfhard, David Bradley, and del Toro regular Ron Perlman.
Netflix is still the leading premium streaming service, with over 200 million worldwide subscribers. It offers thousands of movies and TV shows to binge watch, including its always growing list of original films and series, including Stranger Things, The Witcher, Bridgerton, and many more.
See price at NetflixEmancipation
Apple TV Plus
Apple TV Plus’ prestige historical drama starring Will Smith was initially delayed to 2023 but is back on the roster for December 2023. On a Louisiana plantation, a man escapes slavery after a vicious beating, making his way north while pursued by cold-blooded hunters.
Apple TV Plus
Apple TV Plus has quickly become a major player in the streaming game since its launch in 2023. Its slate of original programming includes shows like Ted Lasso, The Morning Show, Foundation, and For All Mankind as well as movies like The Banker, Greyhound, and Palmer.
See price at Apple TV PlusGlass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
One of the most anticipated movies of 2023 is the sequel to Rian Johnson’s sequel to his beloved 2023 murder mystery. Daniel Craig is back as Benoit Blanc, this time investigating the mysterious death of a guest at a tech billionaire’s private Greek island. Joining Craig this time are Ethan Hawke, Janelle Monáe, Kate Hudson, Edward Norton, Jessica Henwick, Dave Bautista, Kathryn Hahn, and more.
Upcoming streaming shows and movies in 2023
Below is a list of some of the upcoming shows and movies we’re most excited to see in 2023. These are organized by streaming service rather than by date, as some do not have definite premiere dates in 2023 yet. We’ve supplied premiere dates wherever possible.Amazon Prime Video
Good Night Oppy (November 23)
Richer (December 2)
Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, season 3 (December 21)Apple TV Plus
Emancipation (December 9)
Little America, season 2 (December 9)
Slow Horses, season 2 (December 2)
Spirited (November 18)Disney Plus
Disenchanted (November 18)
The Mysterious Benedict Society, season 2 (October 26)
National Treasure: Edge of History (December 14)
Willow (November 30)
Disney Plus is ending the year with a major legacy title with the release of Willow.HBO Max
Gossip Girl, season 2 (December 1)Netflix
BARDO, False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths (December 16)
Emily in Paris, season 3 (December 21)
Glass Onion: Knives Out Mystery (December 23)
Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (December 9)
The Recruit (December 16)
Wednesday (November 23)
White Noise (December 30)Paramount Plus
1923 — A Yellowstone prequel (December 18)
The Game, season 2 (December 15)Peacock
The Best Man: The Final Chapters (December 22)
Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin (November 23)
Irreverent (November 30)
Before You Start Sorting Dates
The cell that contains your date is in the Date or General format. You can check the cell format from the Home tab. If the cell is not in the date format, you can select the fly-out menu in the Number section and choose Date or General.How to Sort Dates in Excel?
You can use the Sort & Filter tool to sort cells from ascending to descending order and vice-versa. However, you do not have the flexibility to sort dates by days, weeks, and months through this filter. You will have to use the library functions Excel offers to sort dates in this manner.Use Sort and Filter Tool
The sort and filter tool is a quick way to sort dates from highest to lowest value. This tool sorts the dates according to the year. You will have to choose different options depending on whether you want to sort your dates according to ascending or descending order.
On your workbook, select the cell range with the dates.
Head to the Data tab.
Under Order, select the fly-out menu.
To sort dates in ascending order, choose Newest to Oldest.Use Excel Functions
If you wish to sort dates out by days, weeks, and months, you will first have to extract these data using the library functions. Then, you can use the Sort & Filter tool to sort your data from ascending to descending order or vice-versa. The following methods use dates in the mm/dd/yyyy format.Sort Dates by Days
You might find sorting dates by days useful while working with deadlines. This way, you can view your employees’ approaching deadlines. Before entering the formula, ensure you have correctly entered your dates.
On your worksheet, create a next column named “days”. On the first empty cell on the column, enter the formula in the following format:
=DAY(cell)Sorting Dates by Weeks
If you are dealing with longer deadlines, you can sort the dates by week. Create a new column named “weeks” and enter the formula in the following format on the first cell of the columns:
=WEEKDAY(cell)Sorting Dates by Months
You would want to sort your dates by month to keep track of birthdays, anniversaries, or annual events. Create a new column named “Months” on the worksheet with the dates you want to sort dates by month. On the first cell in the Months column, enter the formula in this format:
=MONTH(cell)How to Create a Macro to Automatically Sort Date in Excel?
Macros are an amazing way to automate tasks in Excel. If you frequently need to sort dates out in Excel, you can record a Macro and run it the next time you want to get the job done. This will save you a lot of time compared to repeating these methods manually.
You can start recording a Macro from the Developer tab. After you hit record, you can carry on to continue the above-mentioned methods. Remember that all your actions are recorded, so only perform actions you wish to automate. Excel will record your keystrokes and save them as a Macro in the Visual Basics code.
How to Get What’s Yours Economics prof’s new guide to getting the most from Social Security
Laurence Kotlikoff has a new book out to guide you through the Social Security maze; he’s no fan of the system or the way the US economy is going. Photo by Cydney Scott
Two numbers in BU economist Laurence Kotlikoff’s latest book add up to one big mess.
Americans retiring every day: 10,000.
Core rules in the Social Security system: 2,728.
Get What’s Yours: The Secrets to Maxing Out Your Social Security (Simon & Schuster, 2024), written with aging expert Philip Moeller and PBS NewsHour economic correspondent Paul Solman, is intended to help retiring boomers make their way through that mess. The book is currently the number-60 best seller among all books on chúng tôi and number-one in several categories, including Personal Finance/Budgeting & Money Management.
People need the book, says Kotlikoff, a William Fairfield Warren Distinguished Professor and a College of Arts & Sciences professor of economics, because understanding the Social Security system isn’t easy.
Consider this: only 2 percent of Americans wait until the maximum age of 70, at which you must start collecting benefits, before they begin. Many Americans start collecting as soon as they can, generally at age 62, often because they have no other resources. But waiting until age 66, what Social Security calls “full retirement age,” can bump up their monthly benefit from, say, $750 to $1,000.
“One of the things we’re saying,” says Kotlikoff, “is that it’s optimal for a lot of people to wait until 70 to take their retirement benefit. Not everybody, but a lot of people.”
He says many people don’t even know that they have spousal and other benefits coming to them, or that they can collect only one benefit at a time. So a good strategy can be to have the higher-earning spouse file for his or her benefit at 62 and suspend it until age 70. The other can collect a spousal benefit before filing for his or her own benefit at 70.
Started in the 1930s under the administration of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Social Security is a collection of social insurance programs, funded by payroll taxes, that has become a primary source of income security for many Americans, mainly the retired, survivors of working spouses, and the disabled. As the book notes, “Toting up lifetime benefits, even low-earning couples may be Social Security millionaires.” On the other hand, the book warns, “The greatest danger you may face is outliving your savings.”
Readers will want to beware of “25 Bad-news gotchas that can reduce your benefits forever.” These include: “If you take two benefits at once, you lose one of the two,” “Only one spouse in a married couple can receive a spousal benefit by itself,” and “Remarry and potentially lose divorced spousal benefits potentially worth tens of thousands of dollars.”
Make one mistake, says Kotlikoff, and you can lose lots of money.
And then, of course, there’s this: “Social Security can change its rules.”
In February, Kotlikoff came in at number 19 on Economist magazine’s list of the world’s 25 most influential economists, along with high-profile names like Ben Bernanke (number 5) and Alan Greenspan (number 9).
The author of 17 books and hundreds of articles, Kotlikoff has also published two software products, Maximize My Social Security and ESPlanner (Economic Security Planner). With support from the University, both were offered last week to every BU employee for the cost of the sales tax. Employees can request a coupon code and purchase details here.
Explore Related Topics:
Update the detailed information about Iphones To Get Mms By Late Sept. on the Achiashop.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!